[meteorite-list] GIVEAWAY FREEBIE! - First Responder Gets It...!!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:44:21 -0400

Hi Listees!

Lately I have realized just how valuable the List has been to me - for
learning, networking, and meeting friends. I have made some great
friends and I have annoyed some people as well. While reading
Martin's excellent posts today, I fully realized how ignorant I was
(and still am) about the finer aspects of meteorites - such as the
laws, factions, market forces, etc. I do not mean to single Martin
out - there are many other eloquent and wise members of the list who I
feel indebted to. I won't give a big preamble and start naming them
all.

Anyhoot, enough rambling on my part, let's get to the FREE STUFF.

I want to give a little something back to the List for what it has
given me. It's been a long time since I have done a giveaway, so here
it is - a trivia contest with a great free prize.

THE PRIZE - AN ASSORTMENT OF IMPACTITES - including specimens of
Libyan Desert Glass, Darwin Glass, Steinheim Shattercone, and
Indochinite tektite.

THE RULES - only one rule : the first responder who answers all of the
questions correctly will win the prize absolutely free - no shipping
charges. This offer is open to the entire planet and outer-lying star
systems near the Rim. EMAIL ALL REPLIES TO ME OFFLIST.

THE QUESTIONS - Answer for me these questions three....

1) Okechobee is one of 5 approved meteorites from Florida. Okechobee
was found in 1916 under somewhat unusual circumstances - it was not
your typical find. Where and how was this L4 meteorite recovered?

2) Which of these lunar meteorites has the longest measured cosmic
exposure age? Dhofar 025 or Kalahari 009?

3) 1979 was a busy season for Japanese meteorite researchers in
Antarctica. How many meteorites did they find that year in the Yamato
Mountains area?

Send your answers, offlist, to - mike at galactic-stone.com

First responder wins. I will email the winner to request their
mailing address for the package. Once the prize is claimed, I will
post an announcement on the List - so please don't reply after that
announcement is made.

Thanks and good luck!

MikeG

--