[meteorite-list] Lost or Unconfirmed Hammer Falls - Anyone have info on these? (or specimens?)

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Neagari - Feb 18, 1995 Japanese fall, L6 chondrite.?
> The Catalogue of Mets states : "...The next morning, in the city of Neagari, Mr. K. Sasatani found a hole in the boot of his car and meteorite fragments were on and inside the boot."

Yes the claim was substantiated and an interesting thing about this car hit was that the stone was apparently spinning as it left a pin-wheel pattern in the scraped paint. At one time there were photos on the web.

I believe he found the main mass lying in the street and it matched it to the the indentation in the "boot". Yes there was a puncture.

Elton