[meteorite-list] Arizona's Newest Fall

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

My warmest Congratulations Jack, way to go! The weather here in Arizona is not exactly the best for meteorite hunting, as I was out there merely

12 hours after my return from Europe on Tuesday. My neck now has blisters to prove it. 103 degrees, rattlesnakes (one of our female friends nearly stepped on one). I am sure she prefers the cow dung from West:)

Jack Schrader is a great meteorite hunter, has hundreds of meteorite pieces under his belt, and I am proud that a fellow meteorite hunter has found the first stones. To my knowledge, he and Thomas Grau are the only meteorite hunters to make the initial finds, not landowners. It proves that a lot of work and beating the bushes pays off for those who try.

I am so happy that Arizona has it's first recovered fall in 97 years, and it is close to my house! I know where my 4th will be spent, and the 5th and 6th .....................................

See you out there in a couple of hours Jack.

Michael Farmer