[meteorite-list] HOT Meteorite Hunting

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:00:51 -0400

Hi Adam and List,

It reminds me of roofers working in the summer up on black tar paper.
Right out of high school, I had a summer job in Florida doing lawn
work. A friend of mine was a roofer. We both had to endure the
merciless sun and choking humidity. We got into a friendly argument
once over who had the hottest job. He won with a fried egg story to
top them all. One July afternoon he was working on the roof of a mom
and pop grocery store. During lunch break he went down and bought a
half dozen eggs, a can of spam, and a loaf of bread. He then climbed
back on the roof, put a piece of foil down on the black tar paper, and
proceeded to cook fried spam and egg sandwiches for half of the crew.

I don't know what impressed me more - the roof being hot enough to fry
food, or coming back from lunch break and working in that heat with a
belly full of fried eggs and meat. LOL

Regards,

MikeG