[meteorite-list] Another awful meteorite-related TV event

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:06:24 -0700 (MST)

Hi Darren:

My bad.

Kassandra is only 100 km in diameter, so not quite as big as Kleo.
However, it is a T-class asteroid (dark). I observed it years ago and it
did not show any evidence of hydrated minerals, but have not had a chance
to see if anyone has looked at it in the last decade or so. Ts are rare,
so it would be nice to get a piece of one (but not too big).

Larry

PS At least it is not a piece of a brown dwarf!