[meteorite-list] AD-A Strewn field within the Franconia Strewn Field

From: Larry Sloan <gldfinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:10:21 -0800 (PST)

During the heyday of hunting the Franconia area in 2004 John Wolfe came across several small stones that were less magnetic and appeared different from the small Franconia stones. I sent a sample to Cascadia Meteorite Lab, and the result was Buck Mountains 002,an L6. They were found in a small strewn field about 1/2 by 1 mile long, within the larger Franconia field. The 002 stones are differentiated from the other L6 found in the area,Palo Verde Mine, in that they are seldom over 60 grams and many are complete small stones whereas the PVM were two stones of 2000 and 7100 grams shaped like loaves of bread.I will have several of the 002 available at Tucson. They can be viewed at Inn Suites, Room 103,KD Meteorites. Room 103 will also have other Arizona Meteorites such as Canyon Diablo, Buck Mountain Wash, Franconia,Palo Verde Mine,The Franconia Iron(Sacramento Wash 005),Trilby Wash,and Gold Basin.
Larry Sloan