[meteorite-list] Question Calcalong Creek Crust?

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:29:51 +1100

Interesting post Randy. When you compare Adam's image with the one on your
Calcalong page there are definitely similarities.

http://themeteoritesite.com/Lunar-b.jpg

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/lm_calcr_1356l_rlk.jpg

I've seen some unusual Millbillillie pieces with crust a different to normal
(black/brown smooth matte crust) but this does look quite promising. I'd
certainly be interested to see how this one pans out!

Might have to head out to the strewn field with a magnifying glass! ;-) It
would be cooler out there right now compared to the baking 45 degree heat
we've had all week here in Melbourne! That's 113F for the folks in the US!

Cheers,

Jeff