[meteorite-list] ADS Cottingham

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:00:50 -0800

I agree with you, Matt. Not all pieces and weights are the same for each meteorite. There may be only one piece of a certain weight that you want. Also the pic may show a nicer shape (with some crust or none) or with some interesting inclusion that the other pieces don't show. Tough to decide whether to wait or take a chance it'll not be sold before the next sale. Besides, I admire Michael's dedication. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks ( I usually select the smaller stuff anyway so there isn't much of a difference.) I've emailed him with questions in the past and got almost an immediate answer. Michael is not the only seller I admire. There are others, too, but this thread is just about him.

Carl

I know this, but I was using the analogy to make a point.

Come on, we all know his stuff is usually on sale for 30 percent
(or more) off the listed prices. So is it a big surprise that if you
pay full price you MAY "lose" money? I thought meteorites were
"special" and not "investments", yet that is what I seem to be hearing
from collectors.

With that said, I do not want to lose money either, but I am careful and very selective when I buy and at which price I pay.

Meteorites are certainly investments in my opinion and I enjoy them immensely.

Matt Morgan