[meteorite-list] ADS Cottingham

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:03:15 -0500

Hi,

I have mixed feelings on this.

I don't have any objections at all to the number of ads posted. Two or three
a week - its not five or ten a day.

However, it's all those sales that are a bit problematic. 10 -20 or more
percent off fairly quickly after the original items are first listed for
sale.

You see something you like, you buy it, and then find out you could have
gotten it significantly lower if you had waited a few days. This has
happened to me twice.

I know the sales are intended to benefit both buyer and seller, but when
there are so many of them, how does that make the buyer feel who overpaid
for an item?

Is the lesson to be learned don't buy what you like when you first see it,
because if you wait, you will almost certainly get it cheaper?

Don't get me wrong. Michael has some great stuff for sale. But those
prices coming down so quickly - next time I will try waiting before I buy.

Sometimes sales, which are supposed to attract buyers, can have the reverse
effect too.

Mark Grossman