[meteorite-list] Question Calcalong Creek Crust?

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:46:47 -0800 (PST)

Dear list Members,

I was wondering if anybody had any close-up images of Calcalong Creek? A strange meteorite? with a brownish crust loaded with vesicles was found in some small Millbillillie Eucrites and sent to me some time ago. I know this is how Bob Haag found his lunar rock. I decided to take a chance on it and gave the finder a nominal fee. I came across it again while going through one of my safes and decided it was worth investigating some more. It only weighs 1.89 grams so I do not want to cut it just yet. I saw the images on Randy Korotev's site and they look similar. I try not to judge too much on a single image.

Here is an image of the crust on this object:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Lunar-b.jpg

Best Regards,

Adam