[meteorite-list] Ethiudna Meteorite from Australia, AD

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:22:20 EST

Hello List,

OK, I have my gas money to get to Tucson, but now I need some extra money to
buy some food and maybe even a hotel for one night's stay on the way down
there.

So, I have put my piece of Ethiudna, Australia L4 into the saw and I took
off a really nice 4.5 gram part slice and a 0.8 gram part slice. Then I put
these up for sale on Ebay for a 1 day sale. These both close in the afternoon
on Thursdays, so there might be a good deal to be had without as much last
minute competition. I would have put them on tonight but I am in an ice storm
and have been without power for a most of 2 days, and I don't know when the
juice is coming back on. I am writing this from my laptop in my car up on top
of the mountain near my house, where I can reach a cell signal.

While Ethiudna is not a particularly rare classification, and the TKW is
just under 75kg, less than 400 grams have made it out of Australia, and most of
that in 60 gram or smaller pieces into just a handful of institutions. There
was one piece that made it to the DuPont Collection, and that is where these
part slices I am offering has come from.

See them here; http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stevearnoldpmh

I still have the remaining 21.5 gram piece with the DuPont Collection number
239 still painted on it, and depending on how these two lots go, will
determine if I want to part with it. I will bring the 21.5g piece to Tucson if
anyone might be interested.

This might be one of the only chances to get this hard to find location, as
I don't think any institution would be willing to trade out any of the tiny
bit they might have.

If these two sell too cheap, I guess I will just pack some peanut butter and
jelly sandwiches for the trip, and I will bring a pillow with me!

In any case, I will see you all in Tucson soon!

Steve Arnold #1
Arkansas.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)