[meteorite-list] God bless ebay bidsniping programs

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:29:12 +1000

Listoids

QMIG update of a sort...

http://www.qmig.org

Theres still the occasional bargain to be had on ebay and the prices
sometimes plummet when you match bargain hunters against bidsniping programs

Tis a harsh lesson for those sitting up typing away frantikally in the last
few moments to be beaten in the last fraction of a second by the bidsniper
while I snooze komfortably putting my trust in the bidsniper

Serves them right for not lodging a sensible high bid but phuckem

And the prices on ebay are sometimes surprising - 21.530 grams of Hamilton
at the Tucson Auction for a suggested $200 US - 277 grams snaffled on ebay
for $295 OZ = approx $200 US

And one of the OZ visitors to Tucson is apparently bringing some Hamilton
pieces with him...

But - bargains are rare and waiting has never been many's strong point...

My Hamilton webpage was yet another that desperately needed an update and
this accession allows me to cross this off the list and fokus on other
kritters in upcoming museum and university trades

Hooroo