[meteorite-list] AD - Tucson Show and Much More + Tucson Driving Question

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:51:30 -0700

Anne Black posted:

> Warning!, Geoff, our room in the InnSuites is going to be absolutely
> jammed
> paced with great stuff. But I am sure we will manage to make room
> for some wine and nibbles. Right?

Tell me about it!

I just received a shipment of lovely historic American chondrite
slices, all with museum labels, plus an old collection from Texas with
some beautiful pieces purchased back in the 1990s, and there are some
serious irons on the way from Europe. Maybe we'll have a fire sale.

But yes, for sure, in our room there will always space reserved for
wine and snacks -- that is very important business : )

Regarding Michael Chamberlain's question yesterday:

Yes, the interstate (I-10) still has all local Tucson exits closed
downtown and midtown, much the same as last year. Some driving tips --
whether you're headed west/south from Phoenix/California or east/north
from the airport/Texas/New Mexico -- can be found here:

http://tucsongemandmineralshows.net/tucson-visitors-info.htm

. . . along with links to Arizona Department of Transportation pages
with the latest details.

Anne, see you and the gang next week. It was lovely here in Tucson
today -- definitely shorts and flip-flops weather.

Salut,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.tucsongemandmineralshows.net