[meteorite-list] OT: New meteorite find

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:11:52 +0100

Dear List,

I`m sorry for posting something meteorite related here on the list.;-)

Please let me show you two pictures of a really amazing new find from the
Sahara, a small single stone with a nice orientation and a fresh black crust
(very light-weight stone). I had to think for a while whether I should cut
this beautiful piece or not. But cutting was worthwhile because the result
was much surprising. The cut surface shows two lithologies, which have a
very sharp border. Its definitely a chondrite, and probably a carbonaceous
chondrite. Enjoy:

The uncut main mass:
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/carb-ungesch.jpg

The cut surface:
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/carb.jpg

I really like this piece because I suppose that it could be something new.

Best wishes,
Stefan

Berlin / Germany

www.chladnis-heirs.com