[meteorite-list] Barack Obama - 44th President of the United States of America

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:28:16 -0500

Bernd and List,

I wasn't going to comment on this, but, just returned from the
inaugural.

It was cold. And it was breathtaking being part of this mass of
humanity.

My day job is managing the careers of musicians---primarily black jazz
musicians, two of whom performed at an inaugural event last night.
And what has struck me so profoundly in Washington the last few days
is how total strangers, regardless of race, creed or color---are so
unusually friendly with one another. It felt like I was peering into
an alternative reality. When I mentioned this to a black friend, she
mentioned she noticed the same and said something rather striking:
"It's as everyone here is revealing what we really all want; it's what
humanity naturally craves...and that's feeling a sense of
togetherness....and now there is a moment bringing us together and not
a moment too soon."

What a day. Looking forward to the inaugural balls tonight before
reality sets back in.

Wishing everyone the best---where ever you are---particularly those in
greatest need.

Still cold (but smiling)...

Darryl