[meteorite-list] New Moroccan fall/ fact

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:29:17 -0700

I think it is technically important to distinguish between a "crater", which
is caused by an object traveling at more than terminal velocity, and an
"impact pit", which is just the usual small hole or dent (depending on
ground quality) that any slow falling object (including most meteorites)
will create.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory