[meteorite-list] Northwest Africa Falls - Question

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:23:54 +1100

I would tend to agree with the opinions so far but whether you can use
freshness as a justifiable reason to call it a find... well... that
difficult job is yours Jeff! ;-)

I also thought most of these falls had pretty reliable fall evidence as some
have mentioned. Also... wasn't Oum Dreyga witnessed and collected by the
Western Saharan Military?

I purchased a small "Amgala" (Oum Dreyga) individual from Mike Farmer's very
first 1kg batch out of Morocco. It is without equal in all the other falls I
have. Bensour is a close second but the Oum Dreyga has thick, rich fusion
crust like soot that you would expect to rub off on your hands.

Cheers,

Jeff