[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 64, Issue 45

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:04:16 -0800

Mike,

suckers off your hands for ya... ;)

"I now have 52 localities in my collection....do I own them? No."

Law is law and possession is 9/10 of it! And though human beings, moral
dogma and law are insignificant when compared to a hugely ancient
universe, it would be naive to think that you could not or should not
own anything of value regardless of how little time we are here.

According to your philosophy no one really owns anything, and countries,
nations, governments, businesses, and other legal entities, including
people don't really own their land, their house, their car, or the TV
sitting in their living room, but in fact it is owned by the cosmos
itself. I get the philosophy behind it but it isn't as powerful as
possession and a humans primal need for ownership of property.

Ownership of something is physical, natural, and inherent. It's not an
intangible philosophy.

Tell that to Russia, China, Iran, or Israel for that matter. Hell, tell
it to any of the countries on this planet including the US government.

The philosophy is right, in the end it really won't matter.

But today it does...

Regards,
Eric