[meteorite-list] New Moroccan fall news.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:53:52 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps it is not true, I don't know, Moroccans are certainly prone to making up lies, selling crap to anyone with money, and scamming everyone. Hence, my urge of caution to anyone wanting to buy. As a person who has spent nearly a half million $ in Morocco, I do have my suppliers and people I trust, and I trust most of what they say. Now, I am a show-me type of person, I do not believe this until I see photos or material, I still do not know if a fall occurred, I know damn well that many Moroccans do not give a shit about the meteorites, the business or the integrety of the falls (for example, ensuring that pieces are seperated and sold as what they are, not what makes more money). They want to milk collectors out of every last Dirham.
Is this new fall real, or just the ugly broken pieces of Chergach that no one wants to buy (hence the weathering)? Moroccan people have done this to themselves, no one trusts much of what they say anymore, every fall, Bensour, Benguerir, Chergach, Oum Dreyga, Bassikounou, ALL of them were "only a few kilos" "this is all, there is no more" "You will be the only supplier" "buy it now, or you wont get any" "I paid more but will sell to you for $1.00 gram" blah blah blah.
So, I am writing direct information that I am getting from a somewhat trustworthy supplier of mine in Morocco. He will be in Tucson, so you can ask him if he has some, or is it only you Aziz? We have heard this bird chirping a few times before.

My customers are tired of paying $3 or $5 gram for every new fall from NWA area and them watching the price drop to $1 gram. Well, this can be solved, don't buy it yet until facts and total known weight come out.

Michael Farmer