[meteorite-list] New Moroccan fall news.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:36:36 -0800 (PST)

I just got an interesting phone call from Morocco.
It seems that this may be bigger than even the Moroccans are saying.
I was told that more than one metric TON of meteorite fragments are recovered, and that apparently a massive stone fell in the Atlas mountains forming a crater, and shattering the stone into thousands of fragments. Not one complete stone found, only again MORE THAN ONE TON of fragments.
I am awaiting photos. This one could be interesting! The area is completely under heavy snow right now though.
Michael Farmer