[meteorite-list] Zaklodzie and TKW's

From: Marcin Cimala - PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:46:39 +0100

That unweathered inner part of Zaklodzie had very distinct edges; I was also
surprised to see the (relatively) huge metal blebs in the slices. I would
think that there would be an area of most weathering closest to the
exterior, and a more graduated progression as the elements slowly seeped
into the interior, rather than a discrete 'core', which looked very
eucrite-ish. Is there any chance that this was an anomalous piece of
Zaklodzie with an inclusion? What created such a clear boundary?

Tracy Latimer

Hi
I think that the most competent answer You will find here.

Przylibski T. A. et al.
The Zaklodzie enstatite meteorite: Mineralogy, petrology, origin and
classification,
/Meteoritics and Planetary Science /40, Nr 9, A185-A200 (2005).

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)meteorite.pl
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM: +48 (793) kosmos