[meteorite-list] Zaklodzie and TKW's

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:27:01 +0100

Thanks Macrin,

Very interesting regarding Zaklodzie!
The next question that soon comes in mind: was this unweathered portion of
the meteoirite the one that was analyzed for its type
determination/classification ??

Thanks for the TKW's.
My data come from "A to Z".
The Met. Bull. data (I simply forgot looking) apparently should be the only
reliable so far. Set aside for correction of the next edition (Mike ?),
though "A to Z" often mentions higher weights (respectively 999+ kg
(Brahin) and 300+ kg (Chinga).
Has somebody (from Russia ?) more recent data on these two TKW's ?

For example, I have heard from a "semi-reliable" (but local!) source that
Gibeon's TKW is...over 120 tons! (real competitor for Campo!).

Best,

Zelimir

A 14:14 14/01/2009 +0100, Marcin Cimala - PolandMET a ?crit :