[meteorite-list] AD: Nininger books - one of them signed

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:25:30 -0700

I have a couple of duplicate books I'd like to sell and thought I
better catch some of you before you spend all your money in Tucson.

I offer:
A very nice softcover copy of Out of the Sky (Dover 1959). This is in
very nice condition and is nicely illustrated with more than 175
photos on 52 full-page plates. It also includes a bibliography of
Nininger's publications on meteorites. Index viii + 336pp. I'm only
offering this because I managed to pick up a hardcover copy.

A signed copy of Our Stone-Pelted Planet (The Riverside Press 1933).
The inscription was for a raffle dontation, but a very nice clear
signature of the man himself. The dust-jacket is in rather rough
shape but is now in a protective sleeve. The cover itself is in
fantastic condition. The bottom edges show very, very minor scuffing
and corners are not bumped or frayed at all. The interior of the book
is also in fantastic condition - not a mark. I'd keep this one but
need the money for doctor bills so will instead keep my ex-lib copy.

Pictures are posted here:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/nininger/

Now, so everyone has a chance at these without sharing with e-bay, I'd
like to have a private (off-list) auction of sorts. I'll start these
at $35 and $300 respectively and will take best offer as of 10:00pm
MST on Tuesday. I will respond to status inquiries for those who have
made an offer - in other words, I'll let you know if you have the high
bid. Shipping will be as close to cost as I can calculate. The
expensive one will be insured with delivery confirmation. I will take
paypal, money order, or pesonal check (after it clears). Money order
would be preferred so I don't have to share with paypal either.

Hope this makes sense and isn't out of line.

Regards to all,
Phil Morgan