[meteorite-list] Iz looking for a dummies guide on how to cut iron meteorites

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:43:03 +1000

Listoids

Iz looking for a dummies guide on how to cut iron meteorites

I have the opportunity to cut some museum grade very large specimens if I
can show that I won't murder them

Iz after as much info and photos as possible on types of continuous band
saws incl teeth size - cutting speeds - lubricants etc

Once I have this info I can test it inpractice with some of my common and
cheaper irons and then I intend to run amok with the rarer kritters

Please contact me off-list if you can assist with this

Ta