[meteorite-list] O.R. Norton's RFS (I + II)

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 05 Jan 2009 21:04:31 UT

Steve #2 wrote:

"ROCKS FROM SPACE. What a great book!"

Absolutely true! There are three copies on my shelf - one of
them signed by Richard and Dorothy (No, it's not or sale!)

"after I read this I will add to my knowledge of this great hobby."

Again true as true can be! If a newbie or a "rookie" jumps into
this great hobby and starts with the "wrong" books, i.e. books
and articles that are far beyond his/her grasp, he or she will soon
lose interest in this hobby.

I would never advise a newbie to buy and read:

HUTCHISON R. (2004) Meteorites: A Petrologic, Chemical, and Isotopic Synthesis

Before you can read (and understand) such a book, O.R. Norton's RFS
and O.R. Norton's Encyclopedia of Meteorites are a *m u s t read* !!!

Best from snowy
Southern Germany,

Bernd