[meteorite-list] Re-2: A little off topic -- adhesive I don't know what it is called

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:42:55 -0500

Hi Mike, All,

Sorry that email got away too soon, It is Cow Gum, not Cow Goo after
reading my link to wiki, I wanted to add, that the solvent in rubber
cement might not be the best thing to expose your meteorite to, but
this stuff called mineral tack (only the white one is considered inert
for mounting specimens). I haven't tried it but I'd try it if I had an
opportunity. Why don't you give it a try and if possible let us know
what you think, this looks like the good stuff for $ for 25g and $11
for 100g. To remove it make a tiny ball and blot off the pieces that
remain behind in the lower parts of an irregular surface and it omes
clean. It is a specialized putty.

Item: 360120441273

Link (other better pries may be available, I didn't look too hard):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Removable-White-Mineral-Specimen-Mounting-Tack-100g_W0QQitemZ360120441273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Best wishes, and Happy New Year Doug