[meteorite-list] More on the Younger Dryas 'impact event'

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 00:00:07 +0000

We have an accepted cosmic airburst event in recent history -- has anyone found substantial numbers of nanodiamonds as a result of Tunguska? If (compared to 'normal' background quantities) more were found in that area and could be linked to the airburst/impact, that would help substantiate nanodiamond deposits as an indicator. For that matter, what about comparing it to other confirmed mega-impact areas? Do the impactite layers also contain elevated levels of iridium? There are other markers that could bolster this theory.

Tracy Latimer