[meteorite-list] West, freaky rock

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:28:16 EST

Hey All,

It was a rewarding day outside of West today.

We got out of the field to the steak house then back to the hotel room and
broke out the rock saw. I cut one of the 97 stones our team has found so far,
a 5.3g part stone, and folks, this is a freaky looking rock inside.

Portales Valley was a ordinary H6 and this may be an ordinary L6... but it
is far from ordinary.

It looks like a Howardite inside. Of course, Howardites don't have free
Copper in them.

Here is a photo:
http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/stevearnoldpmh/?action=view&current=CIMG1414.jpg

I am sorry the photo is not great, but considering the bathroom photo studio
has poor lighting, it was as good as I could get in short order. I am sure
many other people will be cutting theirs, so I am sure more good photos will
follow soon.

Steve Arnold #1

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)