[meteorite-list] Texas fall strewn field

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:56:09 -0500

Hi List,

I heard some large stones were found near Buffalo, but it really
doesn't make much sense... probably rumors.

If anyone wants to kindly share their coordinates, we will be
publishing a strewn field map of the portion of the first recovered
stones in about one month. It would be great if anyone would augment
the strewn field information with the extended information. It will not
be shared with anyone until publication (unless you are sharing it in
advance), this on my honor.

We have no plans to search in Texas during the interim time, and the
medium term conditions aren't overly favorable for this location. Our
work finished last Friday and we are all very satisfied and keeping our
fingers crossed that much more material is recovered before planting,
plowing, raining, etc..., and maybe we can even buy a little more.
Anything provided with be gratefully acknowledged to the provider of
the info by name. If not enough is provided it will not be published
(have just under a week), and won't go past me, but definitely ours
will.

Good luck in the field,

Aloha from old Mexico,
Doug