[meteorite-list] Thanks

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:26:24 -0800 (PST)

Apologies if this is a repeat posting, I thought I sent one earlier today but it seems to be missing. Maybe the original will turn up later.

Many thanks to those who have replied to my mail and as so often, I was not in full posession of the facts. In light of that, I'm delighted I to find I didn't get chewed out by anyone (maybe they're all too busy collecting rocks)

Science's share is destined to be fulfilled and it appears that things happen quicker than I gave credit for when there are plenty of people on hand.

I remain in respected and envious awe of those who go out and do the hard work, without whom science would get precious little and I include those who brave Morocco and the perils that entails to bring us NWAs.

I'm still a little concerned at "how it may look" to the general public. I'm sure a journalist wouldn't wait to gather the facts before putting his opinion out to the world but "too soon" is on an extreme sliding scale depending on the bias of those with an opinion.

Happy hunting and good work by all those fortunate enough to participate.

Rob Mc