[meteorite-list] Field results - 15 Feb 2009 Texas meteorite

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:07:03 -0500

Hello List,

I don't know if this information was shared anywhere, but hopefully it
can quell any rumors regarding our total finds. They were:

12 specimens (11 were fully fusion crusted)
Total weight of these, a bit over 10 ounces, distributed among six
parties.

Note: I am finally going through my emails in a wrestling match with a
lousy hotel computer. Since many have asked, even if I had a "spare" I
could never part with it for its nostalgic value; thanks for all the
kind words and inquiries, but they are priceless and you'd really have
to pry it from my cold dead hand. I would consider surrendering a
little more material from my part for an accredited scientific study
that sounded good. I will say some prayers tonight that the commercial
guys find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and can provide
excess material for the community at large, in which case I'd get into
the single file. It is a very special meteorite!

Best wishes and Great Health,

Doug, (Dima, Rob and Sergey)