[meteorite-list] West Specimen for sale AD

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:38:32 -0500

Rob & All,
Classification material has already been submitted. I respectfully
disagree. Whether they are sold early or not isn't as big of an issue as
how they are curated, etc. It's a great thing that we have treasure hunters
out in the field -- I'm not one, by the way -- and the fact that people are
willing to pay good money for meteorites has led to increased recoveries
well beyond the expectation of the scientific community itself. There are
those who would love to acquire an early find from West, Texas, and those
who do are actually fueling further recoveries in the process. Good hunting
to all in West!
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com