[meteorite-list] Multiple Repeats of Posts, and No Nmae Signed. Off Topic, Apologies

From: catoni52 at sympatico.ca <catoni52_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:42:40 +0000

Greetings:
                     My sincere apologies that this is off topic. Someone
in the group emailed me wondering why I didn't sign my post about constant
repeats of previous posts.

The person asked:

    "Why don't you bother signing your own posts???? Who are you and what
are you afraid of ????? Thanks."

I belong to several groups, in both Google Groups and Yahoo Groups, and the
one I happen to be most active in is a group with very strong emotionally
charged arguments back and forth about whether or not Global Warming is
man-made, or natural. It gets very nasty at times with personal ad hominems,
and worse.
   In this group, most of our names are in already listed in the From
section and many people either use a fake name, or do not sign for other
reasons. Many of us are used to simply not signing there, although I
sometimes sign my name as "Catoni" . But in that group my name of "Catoni"
is already in the post beginning.
    So my apologies for not signing in my post. Just a case of being used to
not signing all the time I guess. And my apologies again that this post is
off topic.

    Robert Charles Williamson
    St. Catharines, Canada