[meteorite-list] What are the top 10 mostscientificallyimportantmeteorites?

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:36:35 -0500

Hello All,

The question was, "What are the top 10 most scientifically important
meteorites?". While great respect and recognition should be awarded to
Chladni for his work resulting in proving "rocks" were from space and
resulting in 'meteoritics', the initial question what the top 10
"scientifically" important meteorites are (or people's beliefs are). I side
with Jason in the fact that one historic meteorite, or one type, does not
constitute understanding, or advanced knowledge of our solar system or
meteoritics than does representative meteorites from "all" groups of
classifications.The abundance of meteorite types from the Sahara has
provided so much more "scientific" understanding of our solar system than
many people give credit to.

To name a few names as "top 10" is impossible since there are dozens of
specific, officially recognized meteorites that qualify under the initial
question of this thread to be, "scientifically important".

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection