[meteorite-list] Announcement: CosmicAuctions.com is LIVE!

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:48:49 -0800

Dear Meteorite People,

Please forward this email to EVERYONE on your email list...

This is an idea, a new venue, to bring to you, the meteorite collector,
dealer, seller, hunter, and enthusiast a trusted place to go to buy sell
trade and collect authentic meteorites.

We've been working very hard over the last year to bring to the
meteorite community a brand new and perhaps better venue for collectors
and dealers. We've asked, interviewed, brainstormed, argued, expanded
and contracted ideas with many meteorite dealers and collectors about
what the meteorite community really would like to see, and the one thing
that kept coming up was authenticity. Fair price was second, and for
dealers, listing and selling fees were in the top three things that
needed some serious attention.

I want to personally thank everyone who has helped us bring this new
site to a reality. Over the last few months I have personally had the
pleasure to work with many dealers and collectors from across this
wonderful community and they have been a great help with advice, ideas,
and suggestions about bringing this site to life. I appreciate
everyone's patience while we worked on this behind the scenes so as to
build it in such a way to address the single biggest issue regarding
selling meteorites on the web. Trust!

Some of you already know about this site. Most of you don't. But either
way I hope you'll like this idea. It's really a testbed for something
much larger, and without you guys it will not work. Some of the things
we have addressed...

1. Trust; To provide a safe and trusted environment to buy sell and
trade AUTHENTIC meteorites on the web.
2. Price; To garner a fair market price for ALL meteorites sold on this
site. This is not a race to the lowest price as Ebay is. Yet, the
bargains will be automatic based on the laws of supply and demand and
not artificially inflated or lowered due to price wars.
3. Cost; Free Listings to Dealers and Sellers (this includes collectors
who sell their collections or individual meteorites)

Requirements To Sell: Dealers must be referred by at least 2 other
members. We tried an idea that maybe dealers should be allowed to sell
by invitation only. This posed problems as anyone could invite anyone so
we figured a compromise would be good. Similar to how the IMCA works,
Dealers and Collectors who wish to sell on the site will be required to
either be IMCA members in good standing and/or be referred by 2 other
current site members. You need not be an IMCA member to join or buy, but
to sell items you must meet these requirements.

Requirements to Buy: You must like meteorites... ;)

We hope that you will take a look, and browse the site. Join, and list
some items. Try it out. If you don't like it that's ok, if you do like
it great, and if you love the idea then welcome aboard!

No matter your opinion we want to hear your feedback on this. Seriously...

You are what will make this a success. Ask yourself these 4 questions.

Do you want a safe and trusted place to buy and sell meteorites?
Are you sick and tired of FeeBay's listing fees and costs to sell your
meteorites?
Do you want to buy meteorites at a fair and reasonable price?
Are you tired of all the fake meteorites on the web?

If you answered YES to any of these questions you owe it to yourself to
check out this new site. Try it out, list meteorites, buy meteorites and
enjoy the brand new and world's first meteorite auction site dedicated
to the meteorite community. These are truly meteorite auctions for
meteorite people by meteorite people.

Buy Sell Trade Collect & Join Here: http://www.cosmicauctions.com

Again, I'd like to thank all of you who have helped make this possible.
You know who you are.

Good Luck! Happy Hunting! & Certainly Enjoy the new site!

I welcome any questions or comments.

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA