[meteorite-list] 2009 Harvey Award Winners

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:48:14 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings all, from sunny Tucson. It is great to see so many of you
here in "The Baked Apple" for the 2009 gem show.

Sincere thanks to all our friends who attended last night's Tenth
Annual Birthday Bash. Meteorite enthusiasts packed Tucson's chic
Centro Lounge -- a new venue for us -- and it was probably our best
party ever. We had guests in attendance from France, South Africa,
Russia, Morocco, Canada, the UK, Chile, and all over the USA.

Congratulations to the 2009 Harvey Award winners:

Nancy and Larry Lebofsky
Co-editors of "Meteorite" magazine

Shirley Wetmore
University of Arizona Mineral Museum

Dolores Hill
Lunar and Planetary Lab

Darryl Pitt
Macovich Collection

Larry Sloan
Meteorite hunter extraordinaire and winner of the James D. Kriegh
Memorial Award

The mighty Bob Haag presented Shirley Wetmore with a gorgeous slice of
Esquel, upon her retirement from the UA Mineral Museum, Maria Haas was
recognized for her tireless efforts on behalf of the IMCA, and Sonny
Clary was there to sign autographs : )

It was a fun, fun night, surely to be remembered for many years. We'll
post photos when we have them.

The show is still in full swing, and we'll be seeing many of you
tonight at Michael Blood's auction.

Cheers from the Wild West,

Geoff and Steve
Live and direct from Tucson 2009