[meteorite-list] FUN QUESTION for ALL to Participate

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:56:41 +0000

It depends what the aesthetics of the piece are. If it's something like a pallasite or mesosiderite, or a heavily weathered LL3 chondrite, the main attraction is on the inside and crust, while a bonus, is not the main attraction. If it's something like Zaklodzie (from a previous discussion) where there is distinct zoning as you move in from the crust, or a 'common' type with notable crust features, preparation of the inside is less an issue and crust becomes more important. Finally, if it's oriented, has good flow lines, lipping or other special and desirable crust features, unless it's scientifically necessary, why cut at all?

Just my CM2,
Tracy Latimer