[meteorite-list] Tektite with metal?

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:42:29 -0800

Bob,

Nope! Not sure at all.. That's why I sent the email to the list, in the
hopes that you guys might know.

Metallic looking minerals in tektites just seem odd to me, and being as
this is my first experience with tektites I figured I'd inquire if this
were normal... Apparently it's not so normal. Regardless if it's metal
or a metallic looking mineral inclusion it is fascinating.

I've cleaned 6 kilos of this material (hundreds of pieces) over the last
few days and this is the only one that has this type of inclusion. I've
searched Google with no luck. I did read a short blurb about iron
spheroids being embedded in tektites but don't remember where I saw the
article, and these inclusions are certainly not spherical.

Eric