[meteorite-list] Whetstone monograph thanks & availability

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 00:04:55 -0500

Hello All,

Thanks much for the many kind off- and on-list words regarding the Whetstone
Mountains monograph. It's great to know several of them have already been
received in good order and that the read was worth the while. FYI, domestic
orders were shipped on Saturday, and international orders were shipped this
week.

A six-page addendum was added to the monograph before shipment,
incorporating the few additional recoveries since the original was
completed. As it stands now, the average time on the ground per recovery
has increased from over 60 hours to something approaching 90, but the
mapping effort continues nonetheless.

I've received many inquiries as to the current availability of the
monograph. The Limited Edition of 97 copies, signed and numbered by Jack
Schrader, sold out in less than a day, but un-signed/numbered copies can be
found for those interested at
http://www.fallingrocks.com/Collections/WhetstoneMountains.htm by clicking
the link at the top of my Whetstone Mountains collection page. The price of
the monograph is $24.95 to the general public, but orders received with "met
list" in the comments box will be reduced to $19.95 plus shipping.

Also, we held out one Limited Edition set -- #83 of 97 -- and have just
posted it as a one-time-only listing on eBay. Not every meteorite collector
is a subscriber to this list, so we wanted to be sure other collectors were
aware of the recovery and documentation. This listing can be found at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448321242

Thanks again for the warm reception, and Happy Holidays to all!

Dave

Dave Gheesling
IMCA #5967
www.fallingrocks.com