[meteorite-list] Fall in Canada in 1984-85 near Devon, AB?

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:30:35 -0800

Hi List:

Wow - that was fast, hope to see it at Tucson.

I have a question regarding a Canadian meteorite fall that a friend of mine witnessed back in 1984 or 85.? It was during a cold evening about 20 miles West of Devon, AB when he and a group of his friends noticed that suddenly it became as bright as day.? Then right above them a red/orange fireball (which sounded like a jet engine) flew eastward.? They watched it fly towards the horizon as pieced broke off.? The next day he read in the Edmonton Sun newspaper that the meteorite struck and damaged a car, I believe owned by a women.

If anyone on the list in Canada or anyone knows what this fall could be, I would like to know.? I have researched it on the bulletin and the web and can't find it.? Being a hammer, I think it would be documented.

Thanks... and happy holidays, and congratulations to Mike Farmer for his Grimsby find.

Greg S.