[meteorite-list] fireball over Southern AZ

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:15:02 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

My cousin sent me a message in Facebook this morning (see below). Has anybody else seen this or any reported sightings? Surely there were a lot of folks out shopping or enjoying the evening...

Mark B.
Vail, AZ

"the other night about 6pm heading back to tucson i was in eloy and saw a falling star, being cloudy it made the clouds glow for a bit and the tail sparkled. it had to land near the tortillitas or in catalina but it made a boom sound i had my window down. it was the coolest i ever seen and i seen many out on the road."