[meteorite-list] SE Nebraska bolide on night of December 16th (17 December, UT)

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:25:57 -0800

Hi All,

If anyone is interested in possibly chasing down the December 16th
fireball over southeast Nebraska, I have identified a promising set
of radar returns that may be due to this fall. For those familiar
with archive NexRad data, check the images from KOAX (Omaha, NE) at
3:14:48 UT starting with the third elevation sweep: 95.7287 W, 40.2469
N,
altitude 4.5 km. It's also visible in the 4th, 5th and 6th sweeps for
that time. KTWX also shows it at 3:14:39 on passes 3 and 4. If
anyone wants images superimposed on a map, I can provide them. The
general direction of motion appears to be WSW to ENE. --Rob