[meteorite-list] Mystery Nevada Find?

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:10:35 -0500 (EST)

Listees,

Sonny Clary sliced a piece off this found desert specimen and mentioned that I might want to let the List look at the remainder,in hopes I will get some opinions. It is slightly heavier than similar terrestial rocks, makes a dark streak, is attracted lightly to a neomydium mag, enough to support the missing 30 gram slice. Carbonaceous condrite? Meteor wrong? What say you?

Incidentally, that's one of Joe's titanium scale cubes. As you can see, they are a very dark grey and very sharp edges and very heavy.

http://members.cox.net/countdeiro/PC210229.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Count Deiro