[meteorite-list] Anyone see the Fireball over Pacific near Summerland/Santa Barbara Monday Morning?

From: power ofunity <energylightandlove_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:48:03 -0800 (PST)

Did anyone here see a bolide explode over the Pacific ocean near Summerland/Santa Barbara on Monday morning, Dec. 14 approximately 6:20 am?
?
I was traveling north on Hwy 101 south of Santa Barbara as a passenger, and the driver and I saw a glowing fireball trailing thick smoke out of the driver's window.? She asked me if it was a plane, but then it exploded, the largest piece was traveling away, still glowing but getting dimmer, and then it lost all light, and appeared to drop straight down.? There were smaller pieces visible that left spiral smoke trails away from the main smoke cloud.? Several cars were stopped a few miles up the road,? and people were outside watching;? I was hoping someone on the list was a witness, but I have not seen any reports here.

Sorry about the delayed?post, my previous attempts bounced.

Ty