[meteorite-list] Meteorwrongs

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:39:38 -0800 (PST)

I am happy to say I pegged this as a wrong from the start, mainly due to visible quartz in it, however I will say that its an awesome piece to have in my collection and a great example of just how right looking a wrong can be.

If you dont have one yet and would like to have an awesome wrong, this is it.

Its my opinion that this is some sort of industrial waste or slag as I cant imagine this forming naturally on Earth.
Given that a good portion was found close to railroad tracks, it might be interesting to see if there was a lost car (derailed) or something of that nature in the area of the find.

I should have more testing results soon, when I get them, I will offer it to everyone.

Greg C.
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com