[meteorite-list] Brain Mason - the passing of another of the greats

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:28:06 -0700

Hey
Check out the last sentence of the Washington Post article;
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/08/AR2009120804129.html

In 2002, a writer for the online magazine Meteorite Times wrote about
visiting Dr. Mason at the Smithsonian, reflecting on "the
juxtaposition of Dr. Mason being pushed out of the way by kids running
through the exhibit. He took it in stride, but it brought home to me
both why he would avoid the cattle herds of the public sector, but
also that it took decades of painstaking laboratory work, much of it
by Dr. Mason himself, to reduce the intensely complex story
well-hidden within meteorites into a set of digestible displays of
which much of the educated public can consume within a few minutes . .
. and kids can run through for fun."

It is by Martin Horejsi
http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2002/May/Accretion_Desk.htm

Mike