[meteorite-list] Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:30:31 -0600

Finding organics on the moon is one thing, Extrapolating life is quite another. Reporters get so carried away by these reports. I wonder, are they always that gullible, or do they sensationalize to keep the ratings and readership up?

Could there be organics on the moon? Of course! Ever hear of carbonaceous chondrites? They have organic (carbon based) compounds in abundance and even amino acids. Do you suppose it is possible that the moon gets bombarded by carbonaceous meteorites? Could a reporter know this? Maybe. Should a scientist know this?
Should I continue......

Does that mean there is life on the Moon? I'll let you decide.

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler
Chicago

PS I've been wanting to thank Paul a long time for providing links to so many interesting scientific articles.