[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - December 9, 2009

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:02:13 -0500

Hi Jason,

Awesome picture!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid at gmail.com>
To: Richard Kowalski <damoclid at yahoo.com>
Cc: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Wed, Dec 9, 2009 1:40 am
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day -
December 9, 2009

Hello Richard, Gary, All,Thanks! I had four short days at home for
Thanksgiving break, so weplanned accordingly, leaving the family dinner
at a reasonable hour sowe could spend the Friday out in the desert. I
didn't get a winksleep that night for some reason, but still wasn't too
tired the nextday. It was one of the finest hunting days I can recall,
withtemperatures at about freezing in the morning, but by noon, upwards
of70F. Peter and I each walked easily twenty miles as we didn't
oncetake a break - and drove very little throughout the course of the
day.It should be noted - that's a photo of Peter. The slightly odd
thingabout our find photos is that I'm almost exclusively pictured in
thereal-film photos and Peter's just about the only person in the
digitalphotos, because his camera uses film and mine is digital. My
personalfavorite is this
one:http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameteoritefinder/2573329463/- I
snagged a photo of him taking a picture of me, but the focus...itturned
out better than I could have hoped.At any rate, thank you for the kind
feedback. I've been trying to dowhat I can with the point and shoot
cameras and typically fairly drabin-situ photos.Thanks Again,JasonOn
Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Richard Kowalski <damoclid at yahoo.com>
wrote:> Very cool. Congrats on the find. Love the self portrait. THAT
is a great meteorite image!>> Nicely done.>> --> Richard Kowalski>
http://fullmoonphotography.net> IMCA #1081>>> --- On Tue, 12/8/09,
Michael Johnson <michael at rocksfromspace.org> wrote:>>> From: Michael
Johnson <michael at rocksfromspace.org>>> Subject: [meteorite-list] Rocks
 from Space Picture of the Day - December 9, 2009>> To:
meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>> Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2009,
10:49 PM>> http://www.rocksfromspace.org/December_9_2009.html>>>>