[meteorite-list] Second edition of my book "Les Meteorites de France" : I need your advice

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 05:29:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I'm planning to release a second edition of my book "Les Meteorites de France". The first edition was issued on 2005. Since then, there were new falls and discoveries in France, and new documents and events. This book "Les Meteorites de France" is considered as the most valuable source of information about french meteorites.

I want to release a second edition in 2010 probably, with all these new elements and new photos. The first edition sold well but for the second one, my editor wants a black and white edition, with only a small booklet in color for the photos in the middle of the book. The price would then be lowered because of the black and white pages. First edition sold at about 40 euros (about 60 US$)

I want to question the Meteorite list members about these aspects :
- is a lower price important ?
- is black and white color a very important negative point ?
- does a color booklet in the middle of the book a negative point ?
- in general, do you buy second editions of meteorite books when you already own a first edition ?
- if you're not fluent in french, would you buy a book in french ?

I thank you a lot in advance for your cooperation. You can also write to me directly at pierremariepele at yahoo.fr

Best regards,

Pierre-Marie Pele
meteor-center.com