[meteorite-list] Meteorite ID Email

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:50:55 -0800

Hi List,

Every now and then I get an email that defies all logic...

I've removed the contact information and name of the person to protect
their privacy.

Below is one of those emails...

-----------------------------------
BEGIN EMAIL
-----------------------------------
Dear Sir,

My friend got a piece of metorite. if i place a mirror near it, the
mirror will shatter evenly. if i place a candle near it, the candle
cant relite. if i place a pcs of mercury (lighter) that lighter will not
work.. i would like to know what ty of metorite is that? and how much
will it worth? it's weight appx 3.75 kilo. Oh! also if i make a sharp
scratch on the stone it will automatic closed and seal back to the
original color. my friend also told me that this pcs can sell to NASA
cuz NASA will use it. NASA will use it to make the pointing part on the
shuttle that shoot to the sky. i dont know if it's true but hoping
someone out there can let me know a little bit about it..

thanks
END EMAIL

Has anyone else received this one or one like it?

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA